Archive for architecture
for any faithful readers still clinging on, you can now find me at architizer, a big old heap of exciting architecture that comes with its very own editorial section, courtesy of yours truly. a few relevant points:
- architects join and upload projects for free.
- the open-source platform connects everyone from interns to pritzker prize winners.
- looking for design inspiration in the form of, say, cedar and glass houses in rural areas? oh, there’s a search.
- not to mention a bloggy thing with updates four times a day, including non-boring architecture and design news.
- stay tuned for a re-design of the home page, launching later this summer, that puts even more focus on the editorial content.
i’ll stop shilling now, but honestly: architizer is neat, it fills a vast hole in architecture content online, and i’m damn excited to be on the team. let us know what you think!
(jean nouvel’s cartier foundation, paris.)
*also: the images are 600 pixels wide. downright luxurious.
the building joins gehry, hadid, sanaa, ando, prouvé, and others on the vitra campus, an architecture museum of sorts housing vitra archives and retail space in weil am rein, germany.
modern houses in snow, we’re calling it: new genre in architecture porn.
circa gallery by studioMAS in johannesburg, south africa: a small building with major attitude.
diller scofidio + renfro follow up their high line renovation with a new space at juilliard. note the similarities in the two designs: how steps transform benches and fold back on each other, as well as auditorium-style seating.